Monday, April 29, 2013

German Occupation FN Hi-Power

This powerful photo has always been in my opinion one of most iconic images of the Battle of the Bulge, and the imfamous Ambush at Poteau on .

The full story and remaining images from the photoreal can be found in Jean Pollands hardcover After the Battle Battle of the Bulge Then and Now.

 German 9mm hi-power pistol made in the captured FN factory would have very little interest to me if not for this one photo that has always sparked my interest from the infamous Ambush at Poteau:





































The photo inspired me to eventually track down a wartime FN hi-power for my collection. This pistol was produced in 1943 and survives in sharp original condition.  I unfortunately lost this   pistol in a trade for a 1938 Colt and it now resides in a good friends collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment